Excellent opportunity for a Law graduate with a Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice to join a thriving legal technology company based in Shoreditch.
Who we are
We believe everyone deserves affordable and simple access to legal services.
Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online legal service platform in the world. Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people to create over 3 million legal documents, and answer over 30,000 legal questions.
Rocket Lawyer UK is based in Shoreditch, the best place to work in London. In the UK we’re still a startup but we’re backed by our big sister, Rocket Lawyer Inc., headquartered in San Francisco.
What we need
We’re looking for a Law graduate with a Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice to join the UK team. As well as a strong, post graduate-level familiarity of the Law and legal documents, you must have interest in business and working in a global technology company. We are looking for candidates that support our mission and want to communicate and promote this to our customers.
The ideal candidate would be an excellent communicator, with the ability to write clearly and succinctly. They must be able to analyse customer issues and provide guidance that is easy to understand, which reflects the Rocket Lawyer style. You’ll get all the help, training and mentoring you need to succeed, but you must be a driven, self-starter who is proactive and eager to learn. Being a good collaborator is also very important, as we work in close, supportive teams.
What you will do
You will be:
- researching new legal products for Rocket Lawyer
- writing and publishing legal content that is informative & search engine optimised
- drafting contracts, policies and letters
- assisting with the promotion of Rocket Lawyer products and content
- providing Rocket Lawyer customers with simple legal guidance
And in doing so you will help Rocket Lawyer offer a world class customer experience.
Why join us?
Rocket Lawyer are shaping the next generation of legal services today, and this is your opportunity to take part by joining a company that is inventing the future of law. Our growth and success is the direct result of the people who work at Rocket Lawyer. So we require everyone to develop and progress within the Company. We don’t work long hours. A healthy work-life balance is essential to long-term happiness and success at Rocket Lawyer, so we are generous with holidays and flexible working. With pension contributions and share options we also look after your financial future.
This is an excellent opportunity if you are looking to pursue a different legal career to the norm.
What you should have
The following qualifications:
- Upper Second Class-Honours in Law, or Graduate Diploma in Law
- Post-graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
and the following expertise:
- Excellent research skills
- An understanding of case law, legislation and ongoing legal changes
- Familiarity with legal contracts
and the following characteristics
- Able to communicate simply and clearly
- Analytical with an attention to detail
- Natural problem solver
- Excellent communication with people at all levels
- Able to work within a global team, both virtually and in person
- It would be highly desirable if you have
- Experience in advising clients or customers
- Experience working in a legal environment
- Worked in startup or small business
- Knowledge of SEO
How to Apply
Please email a CV and covering letter.
Latest posts by Camilla Johnson (see all)
- Customer Stories – Meet Mary Aslett - 18/10/2018
- Rocket Lawyer is hiring Company Commercial Solicitors and Consultants! - 11/06/2018
- Rocket Lawyer’s documents are GDPR compliant! - 25/05/2018