Rocket Lawyer’s newest document, the redundancy policy is now live! Read on to find out why you need this policy for your business.
Why do I need a redundancy policy?
A redundancy policy explains to employees how redundancy decisions are to be made, and summarises their statutory rights. Having this policy in place assures employees that you will maintain good communication and consultation, if redundancies have to be made.
This redundancy procedure assists managers by reminding them of their consultation obligations and need to communicate clearly with all employees affected. It also helps to ensure fairness and avoid discrimination.
What does it include?
This policy lists
- the purpose of the redundancy policy
- consultation obligations and how they will be dealt with
- explanation of the selection criteria and process
- dismissal by reason of redundancy
Latest posts by Camilla Johnson (see all)
- We’re hiring! Mobile Developer, DevOps & Software FE Engineer - 19/01/2018
- We’re hiring! Senior Product Designer at Rocket Lawyer UK - 19/01/2018
- What is a common law marriage? - 28/11/2017