Excellent opportunity for a paid legal intern to join a thriving legal technology company based in Shoreditch.
About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to simple and affordable legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe, Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people create over 3 million legal documents, and answer over 30,000 legal questions.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge.
About the Role
RLUK recently promoted our latest legal intern to paralegal and we are looking to backfill that role. We are looking for someone who is committed to our mission to make the law more affordable and simple. This person should be proactive, meticulous and curious.
Working for the Head of Legal, you will help with marketing, customer advice and content production to support the creation of products and the delivery of Rocket Lawyer’s services.
What you will do
- Assist with answering legal questions and provide legal advice to Rocket Lawyer customers.
- Carry out research to help define, develop or maintain our content or products and service offerings.
- Draft legal marketing content, whether for products and services, guidance, articles or other material, as required.
- Monitor legal updates to plan and review current legal marketing content.
What you should have
You should have, or are currently completing, the following qualifications:
- Upper Second Class-Honours in Law, or Graduate Diploma in Law
- Post-graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (LPC)
and the following expertise:
- Excellent research skills
- An easy to understand, concise writing style
- An understanding of case law, legislation and on-going legal changes
- Familiarity with legal contracts and how they work
and the following characteristics:
- Proactive & independent learner
- Natural problem solver
- Team player
It would be highly desirable if you:
- Have experience working in a law firm
- Have previously worked with automation software
- Have worked in startup environment
Please send a copy of your CV, and the answer to ONE of the following legal questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. If one of our employees has made a statutory flexible working request which we refused because of current structural changes taking place in the company and the potential disruption it would cause in our staff’s workload, are we allowed to do this and is this legal? On what grounds could the employee appeal, if at all, the decision made by us? Can they make a non-statutory flexible working request? Please advise.
2. Our business is an online fashion retailer selling and shipping worldwide. My business sells to consumers. What are the some of the key issues my e-commerce business needs to be aware of in relation to distance contracts? In particular I need to know what my returns and refunds policy should be? Who would be liable for return costs? Please advise.
Don’t just take our word for it! Find out more about working for Rocket Lawyer here.
Apply today by sending your CV to email@example.com.