Answer a few simple questions and we'll build your document

CREATE YOUR FREE Eviction notice

What do you want to do?

How it Works

Answer a few simple questions and we'll create your document. It's that easy.
You can access your customised document any time you like.
Sign this document online in seconds

WHY ROCKET LAWYER? Great Legal Documents, at Your Fingertips

Each and every Rocket Lawyer document comes with free storage, a quality guarantee, and the personalised help you need.

Our documents are created and reviewed by lawyers and legal professionals. All you need to do is answer a few questions and your customised document is ready to sign, share, or print in minutes.
If you get stuck, need advice, or aren't sure what to do next, we're here to help. Our specialists can answer questions about how Rocket Lawyer works, while our team of On Call lawyers can help you with any legal questions.
When you create a document on Rocket Lawyer, it's here to stay. That means you don't have to worry about losing the original or transferring files to a new computer. We save all your work so you can access your legal documents whenever you want, from any device.
We're proud to offer a quality guarantee on all our legal documents. If a court finds that the document you created and signed on our site is not legally enforceable because of an error made by Rocket Lawyer, we will make it right.
Back to top

Document Description

What is a Eviction notice?

As a landlord there may be times when you need to give your residential tenants a notice to vacate your property. This may be because their tenancy is coming to the end of its term, because you need your property back from a tenant on a rolling tenancy, or when a tenant has breached the tenancy agreement by causing damage or not paying their rent.

Make sure you use the correct notice to vacate to legally evict tenants.

A section 21 notice informs tenants that their tenancy is going to end and the landlord is going to take repossession of the property. Landlords should use this section 21 notice (known as Form 6A in England) to gain possession of a rented property let under an assured shorthold tenancy (AST). The correct use of a section 21 notice will help to ensure that a landlord takes possession of their property safely and legally.

A section 8 notice is used to evict tenants who are in breach of their tenancy agreement. Landlords can use a section 8 notice to evict tenants who have not paid their rent or caused damage to the property.

Back to top